PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS SIM IS GOING TO BE DEALING WITH SOME REAL HARSH SUBJECTS. IF THAT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE THIS MAY NOT BE THE SIM FOR YOU
Members are expected to follow the rules and regulations of both the sim and fleet at all times, both in character and out of character.
By continuing, you affirm that you will sim in a proper and adequate manner.
Members who choose to make ultra short posts, post very infrequently, or violate the sim's 16+ policy will be removed immediately, and by continuing, you agree to this.
In addition, in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not accept players under the age of 16. Any players found to be under the age of 16 will be immediately removed without question. By agreeing to these terms, you are also saying that you are above the age of 16.
1. All players are required to follow the Obsidian Fleet rules and regulations.
2. Plagiarism in any form will not be tolerated.
3. The Command staff reserve the right to Strike or remove a character. Three strikes will be issued prior to removal.
4. Players are required to post a minimum of once every two weeks but are encouraged to post once a week.
5. If tagged (someone requires you to respond) in a Joint Mission post you have a maximum of 3 days to reply. However if you are not able to do so in time speak to the person in question and/or leave a note in the JP.
6. All mission posts must be a minimum of 300 words in length and must have a signature attached stating who took part.
7. Awards - Awards will be granted when they are earned. At the end of every mission the crew is required to vote on a Crew's Choice Award. The Captain will bestow Captain's Merit Award, and Executive Officer will bestow the XO's Merit Award. All other tier 1 awards are eligible for nomination. Final approval award is at the Commanding Officer's discretion.
8. All players must follow the Leave of Absence Policy:
Leave of Absence (LOA) - If you will be away for 7 days or more (also if you have a JP going and will not be able to reply within 4 days)
Extended Leave of Absence (ELOA) - For any absence in excess of one full calender month. If away for more than 1 full calender month may be required to step down from post and return to any available/applicable position upon return.
Absent Without Leave (AWOL) - Not being in contact and not logging into the Pioneer's site for 14 days or more without requesting LOA or ELOA. Can result in instant removal or a strike (strikes will be issued weekly from then on in until return to the Artemis)
9. Each player is allowed 1 normal character and they must have written the character up themselves. Each player is allowed 3 Non Player Character or Played non player character and this P/NPC must not hold any rank above that of the Chief of Boat (i.e. the character must be a NCO below the rank of the chief of boat) in a minor position. Only the CO may agree to a waiver in this rule.
10. No abuse will be accepted towards the Command Staff or normal crew members.
11. Any breach of the rules will result in a strike or removal from the Artemis.
12. The strike system is as follows (This is a guide to the Strike system and doesn't necessarily have to be followed in this manner):
1st Strike - Informal Reprimand
2nd Strike - Demotion by one or more ranks (depending on severity of offense), With a possible removal from their Department Head position if applicable
3rd Strike - Removal from the Artemis
The Command staff can use more than 3 strikes if they deem it necessary. However for any strike beyond second strike will result in a removal from a Department Head position and a additional demotion.
13. All Disciplinary decisions may be appealed to the Sim's Commanding Officer or the Obsidian Fleet's Command Council.
14. All characters should have an avatar wearing a Enterprise style uniform if you need one please contact the commanding officer.
15. Please make sure that you sign all posts using your character's signature from the Signature Wiki.